H1B - 221(g) need clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - 221(g) need clarification

HI, I have attended to H1B interview (Chennai, India) on 1st November, 2007. VO verified some documents and issued 221(g) marking all the petitioner related documents. I said that I have all the documents with me. But he replied that he does not have time to verify all those and asked me to drop all the documents WITH THE PASSPORT.

I am going to drop all the documents now. I need one clarification. Apart from the documents, which VO asked to drop, what are the other documents to drop? VO has taken my DS 156 and DS 157 forms. My doubt is whether I need to drop DS forms or not? If yes, Can I use/print the old DS forms (which I took for interview)? or need to fill new DS forms online?

VO asked to drop PASSPORT, so can I confident about Visa?

Seniors please help me. Thanks for your time.

SKG

U can use same DS forms

Hi,

I faced the same situation 2 months back i sent all ticked docs they issued me visa in 2 weeks time so dont worry but make sure to sent all ticked docs.

If he asked notorized list of employees make sure that doc is notorized.

U can send same DS forms what u have used at the time of interview.

Rajesh

Comment

Thanks Rajesh

Thanks Rajesh, I am going to drop the documents at VFS today.

Comment

correction

one of the DS formas needs to be freshly filled to have new barcodes. Ask VFS abt it n do that

Originally posted by skg
        Thanks Rajesh, I am going to drop the documents at VFS today.

Comment

Dropped documents at VFS, Bangalore

Hi,

Thanks for your help.
          I contacted VFS, Bangalore and they said to fill fresh DS156 at https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-app...n-form-ds-160/.
          I did the samething and it generated a fresh DS156, with a new bar code.
          I submitted all ticked documents (in 221(g)) along with I797, I129, LCA, Supporting document, fresh DS156, old DS157and passport.

Hoping for the best.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
          SKG

Comment

Tracking passport status @ VFS

Hi Seniors,

I have dropped all the documents WITH THE PASSPORT at VFS on 6th November, 2007. When I tracked my passport status, its showing the status as below.

Your passport has not been handed over to VFS. Kindly contact our regional call centres for further queries.

Eventhough I dropped my Passport, its showing the above message. Seniors,
            can you please let me know what it means? When they will update the status? If any one dropped documents alongwith passport and got visa stamped, can you please let me know how many days it was taken for you?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
            SKG

Comment

chill dude

The msg is as simple as readin ABCD.
              it means ur PP is wid the consulate, yet 2 b given to VFS.
              wait fr a day or two n call VFS call center, they will tell if VFS has recd it or its still wid consulate.
              there are 90% + cases i have heard of who got the stampin done after droppin PP @ VFS.
              Give it a logical thot: consulate cant block ur PP for a longer duration as it is solely ur n Indian Govt's property.

i sugget u keep calling VFS every day after 1500.

Originally posted by skg
              Hi Seniors,

I have dropped all the documents WITH THE PASSPORT at VFS on 6th November, 2007. When I tracked my passport status, its showing the status as below.

Your passport has not been handed over to VFS. Kindly contact our regional call centres for further queries.

Eventhough I dropped my Passport, its showing the above message. Seniors,
              can you please let me know what it means? When they will update the status? If any one dropped documents alongwith passport and got visa stamped, can you please let me know how many days it was taken for you?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
              SKG

Comment

Got visa after 221(g) - chennai

Hi friends,

Just for an update, I got the visa stamped on 21st Nov, 2007 (Exactly 15th day from documents drop date). Thanks for immihelp, Better_Nation and Rajesh for your guidence.

Thanks for your time.
                Regards,
                SKG

Comment

nice 2 hear that

now start studyin!
                  aslo keep helpin others!!!

Originally posted by skg
                  Hi friends,

Just for an update, I got the visa stamped on 21st Nov, 2007 (Exactly 15th day from documents drop date). Thanks for immihelp, Better_Nation and Rajesh for your guidence.

Thanks for your time.
                  Regards,
                  SKG

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X