Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B appointment in mumbai residing in karnataka

Hi,

I need a clarification from gurus, my problem is i belong to the chennai consular district. But my employer asking me to take appointment in mumbai. But as per rule this is not possible. Even after telling that they told me that they did it for other 4 guys and all are successfully got the visa.

Since i dont want to delay my visa process just because of this issue, so clarify the same whether i can take a appointment in mumbai.

I have searched lot of threads, i didnt find any such cases, incase if you have threads with such case, pls forward me a link

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by raghoobk; 11-06-2007, 01:35 AM.

Riskkkk

1. do u have a PP from MUMBAI?
    2. do u have addr in MUMBAi whr the stamped PP wud be sent.
    3. is the POE on petition is MUMBAI?
    4. Were u anytime living in MAHARASHTRA / GUJRAT?
    5. If asked, what wud u tell as ur state of residence?

one incident:
    one guy took interview in consulate which was not his valid state of resident, he was given a remark : "Pls wait for 90 days, then contact ur consulate, they will tell u where you can take the next interview".

I knw this is cruel, but i suggest dnt play wid the rules. Secondly, if ur employer is ready to provide u all the docs, go ahead n attend in Chennai. Chennai is strict but going to other consulate cud be fatal!
    Ask ur employer the numbered que i asked u regarding the 4 cases that he is telling were success.

Originally posted by raghoobk
    Hi,

I need a clarification from gurus, my problem is i belong to the chennai consular district. But my employer asking me to take appointment in mumbai. But as per rule this is not possible. Even after telling that they told me that they did it for other 4 guys and all are successfully got the visa.

Since i dont want to delay my visa process just because of this issue, so clarify the same whether i can take a appointment in mumbai.

I have searched lot of threads, i didnt find any such cases, incase if you have threads with such case, pls forward me a link

Thanks in advance

Comment

thanx

Thanks for the reply. I need to convince my employer. He know this very well but wanted to confirm.

Comment

you can

i guess you can. you have to convince VO.
        example if are resident of Karnataka, you had been transfered before three months to pune or mumbai then you can show that letter as a proof

Comment

Originally posted by pinnaka149
          i guess you can. you have to convince VO.
          example if are resident of Karnataka, you had been transfered before three months to pune or mumbai then you can show that letter as a proof
          Thanx
          I am scared to take such chances. Finally decided to appear in Chennai

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X