Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name different in passport and I129

hi,
    My petition got approved and i am planning to attend the interview by the end of the november. One issue what i am facing is in my I129 form, the name is displayed as Kuzhikandathil Joby Scaria. But in my passport there is no surnames. I have only Joby Scaria in the field of given names. The Kuzhikandathil is coming in back page only , in the field for address. And in all my other documents like offer letter, confirmation letter and in all documents from the employer my name is mentioned as Joby Scaria Kuzhikandathil .
    While filling the DSS 156 in the surname field i wrote joby scaria(in column 6) and in column 7 for First and Middle names i wrote FNU.

i have two questions;
    1. Is it any problem if my I129 and Passport have different names?
    2. If in any case of problem, whether a support letter from my employer will solve this issue?

i hope u can help me to solve this issue.
    Thanks in advance.

If your birth certificate, SSC/10th gr certificate indicates the name per I 129, you can go to regional pp office to make this correction.

Originally posted by ullasjos
    hi,
    My petition got approved and i am planning to attend the interview by the end of the november. One issue what i am facing is in my I129 form, the name is displayed as Kuzhikandathil Joby Scaria. But in my passport there is no surnames. I have only Joby Scaria in the field of given names. The Kuzhikandathil is coming in back page only , in the field for address. And in all my other documents like offer letter, confirmation letter and in all documents from the employer my name is mentioned as Joby Scaria Kuzhikandathil .
    While filling the DSS 156 in the surname field i wrote joby scaria(in column 6) and in column 7 for First and Middle names i wrote FNU.

i have two questions;
    1. Is it any problem if my I129 and Passport have different names?
    2. If in any case of problem, whether a support letter from my employer will solve this issue?

i hope u can help me to solve this issue.
    Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatGuru
      If your birth certificate, SSC/10th gr certificate indicates the name per I 129, you can go to regional pp office to make this correction.
      But in my Birth certificate and in all other academic documents, the name is same as in passport.
      only in 1 129 and employer documents it is different.
      Last edited by ullasjos; 11-07-2007, 01:57 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X