Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing passport, visa and I94..

Hi everyone,

I've lost my passport along with my I94. The H1 visa I have on my lost passport is valid till November 2008.
    I've already applied for a new passport at the Indian embassy in Washington DC.

1. Should I apply for a new I94 card as well?
    2. Do I have to reapply for a new visa even though I don't intend leaving the country anytime soon?
    3. Do I have to notify USCIS that my passport, visa and I94 is lost?

Also, my visa expires in November 2008. Assuming that I get my first extension till November 2011, could I stay in the country even after my visa expires???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    L Kumar

Lost Passport

I've lost my passport along with my I94. The H1 visa I have on my lost passport is valid till November 2008.
    I've already applied for a new passport at the Indian embassy in Washington DC.

1. Should I apply for a new I94 card as well?

---- NO, there is no need. However, you can try approaching the nearest Border post for applying

2. Do I have to reapply for a new visa even though I don't intend leaving the country anytime soon?

---- NO, if you are not leaving the country, it is fine

3. Do I have to notify USCIS that my passport, visa and I94 is lost?

---- NO

Also, my visa expires in November 2008. Assuming that I get my first extension till November 2011, could I stay in the country even after my visa expires???

---- Yes. However, you should get a I-94 when you get the extension

Subramanya

Comment

mo only concern is that if you have not filed a report and not applying for a replacement I-94 you will not have required documents to show that you are legal.

I hope you do have copies of the stamp and I-94

Comment

Firstly, Thanks for your help.

Yes, I do have photo copies of my H1, I-94 and the first page of my passport.
        Wouldn't it be safe if I applied for a replacement I94? I think I should but I'm not sure if I have to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X