Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion required for documents

Hello Friends,

This is Manoj from Chennai. I got a interview call from a company in US, and I also got selected in the interview. They informed me that I will receive the offer letter along with the neccessary documents for applying for the H1B visa in a couple of weeks. In the meanwhile I have a few doubts and questions.

1) I have completed BCA in 2004 and have a DNIIT course certificate. I have also completed my MCA (correspondence) in Apr 2007. I have got all my mark statements and provisional except the final degree certificate. It seems it will take another 3 months for me to receive the ceritificate. Will there be any impact because of this? Will I be able to apply without the final certificate using by provisional?

2) I have 3.6 years experience in Quality Assurance in well reputed MNC company, but it is a BPO. Now I have got an offer for software co in US. Will there be any impact because of switch of industry during the visa interview?

3) I also heard the 2008 H1b Applications are also closed. Do u have any idea by when I have to apply for the visa and by when I will be able to join the company?

Kindly help me with answers and suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,
    Manoj

H1 issues

This is Manoj from Chennai. I got a interview call from a company in US, and I also got selected in the interview. They informed me that I will receive the offer letter along with the neccessary documents for applying for the H1B visa in a couple of weeks. In the meanwhile I have a few doubts and questions.

---- At this time of the year no H1B's are applied for or approved. There seems to be something missing. H1 can only be applied in April and the next time point is April 2008

1) I have completed BCA in 2004 and have a DNIIT course certificate. I have also completed my MCA (correspondence) in Apr 2007. I have got all my mark statements and provisional except the final degree certificate. It seems it will take another 3 months for me to receive the ceritificate. Will there be any impact because of this? Will I be able to apply without the final certificate using by provisional?

2) I have 3.6 years experience in Quality Assurance in well reputed MNC company, but it is a BPO. Now I have got an offer for software co in US. Will there be any impact because of switch of industry during the visa interview?

---- Q 1 and 2 are relevant in any context. Your employer has to justify employing you by having your credentials evaludated and you have to justify your qualifications and experience to the employer and then to the VO at the US Consulate

3) I also heard the 2008 H1b Applications are also closed. Do u have any idea by when I have to apply for the visa and by when I will be able to join the company?

---- Refer to the first answer

Subramanya

Comment

Hi Subramanya,

Thanks for the reply. I just checked with my employer and he also confirmed that it will happen in Apr'08 only. So then I think there will not be any problem for me in submitting the degree certificates.

How much time approximately you think that it will take for getting the interview after applying for the visa?

Thanks & Regards,
      Manoj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X