Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my h1-b valid after having b1-b stamped

Hi all,
    I am holding my h1-b visa valid for 4 years , because of some personal reasons I had to come back to India and work for other company A in India.
    I had to travel to US by b-1 visa from my new company in India.
    But still I am having h1-b stamped in my passport,Is my h1-b visa still valid ..?
    as I want to go back to US by h1-b..

yes, H1 is still valid, but at the Port of entry you need to opt for the H1 visa.(as you r willing to go US on H1)
    Last edited by JyothiReddy; 11-14-2007, 02:34 PM.

Comment

both visas are valid, but for H1 to be valid you need to enetering to work for H1 empolyer not looking for a job.

Comment

As far as i know your h1b will be cancelled automatically while stamping B1. I donot understand how did you get both b1 and h1b stamped in your passport?
        can you please explain.... I too under a similar situation...

Comment

Advice given by rrwaran is incorrect. You can hold a H1 and B1 simultaneously. Do you remember if consular officer asked you any thing about your H1 visa in passport when you went to get B1 stamped?

Comment

I am getting 50:50 answer for this question

It is totally confusing. Somebody says H1B wont get cancelled while going for B1? But nobody shown any proof of it, can some refer me a US embassy policy link regarding this?

Did anyone have live example?

Comment

Ok the visa is cancelled only if there is a stamp on it saying cancelled.

The visa does not usually get cancelled, I know of several people who have L2, H1 and B1 and H4 stamps all current and when they go to US present the stamp as per the intent of travel.

It is perfectly fine and legal.

I think you are confusing stamp and status. Stamp is like the tkt to eneter USA but status is what keeps you legal and depends on the stamp you used to enter and or changed status while in USA.
              You can have only one status at a time, but can carry several stamps

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X