Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed - issued 221g White - Redirect from Mumbai to Chennai consulate

Hi.. Friends
    I have attend my H1-B interview at Mumbai consulate on 7th Nov.
    I have been transfered to Pune and working in Pune for 4 months ,
    Previously i worked in Bangalore & Chennai.. the VO asked about my Expericence details fully.. where you have worked and for how long in each comapny .. then he has given 221g White form.,, in that it's noted that.. You not belonged to Mumbai consulate area.. attend at Chennai consulate..
    He has returned my I-797 & PP along with 221G white form only.

He has not returned my DS-156 , DS-157 & HDFC Visa fee slip(consulate copy).
    I have query here.. Will they transfer my Case to Chennai Consulate and send these forms to Chennai..In that case when can i attend the Interview in Chennai wiht out taking the fresh appointment ? or Do i need to book a new App slot at Chennai Cosulate ? My Old HDFC fee receipt will be enough to
    book the App slot or Do i need to take the new HDFC fee token and book the slot at Chennai cosulate once again ?

I am in full consusion in what to do now.. VFS didn't given any proper information.. they are saying that the consulate will intimate you through mail.. Is it Correct ?
    Please clarrify me with the procedure in my case..
    Friends..waiting for Your responses very eagerly..

Thnaks ,
    prasad

Hi,

Just a suggestion. If the white form doesnt mention about any wait period ( i.e that you need to wait for certain amount of time before booking in CHennai ), then why dont you go ahead and book an appointment at Chennai ( if your old receipt doesnt work while booking date , i guess you may have to take a new one and book ) . THis is just a suggestion..better check with VFS again ...

Did you call Chennai VFS and explain your case. ( 044 - 42316767 )........they should be able to help you ...

Comment

Hi Prasad,

If you refer the white document which VO gave you it, has all the informations..

To my experience you dont need to take the other appointment, attend any business day on businees hours to chennai consulate along with the white document,evatually you need to fill the electronical applications(DS 156,DS157) refer /us-visa-and-immigration-forms/state.html fill this as per your previous applications..

You should have a strong answer to VO why you been redirected to chennai consulate..Take more precautions and prepare accordingly..

Wish you good luck..

Srinni
      Srinni

Comment

who takes admin process

who will take admin process ....i was issued 221g for admin process...on nov 15th mumbai

taken my docz with edu certificates

ps get me on [email protected]

Comment

please help!!!!! redirect to chennai

I attended my H1B interview on 29st of this month--the visa officer(US lady) redirected my case from delhi consulate to chennai consulate saying that since you are working in bangalore you go to chennai. She gave me a green form 221 g, saying that I can apply in chennai no sooner than 90 days.

Actually i didnt find any appointment in chennai and my passport is from delhi so applied to delhi. I earlier got my B1 visa also from delhi.

What should I do in this case. Do I need book a new appointment?
          Can I appear before 90 days , what is advisable to wait or book a new appointment?
          new interview date in chennai if so when i go there what should i say when they ask why did u go to delhi i when u have chennai in ur I-797/Approval Notice?

Comment

why r u waking up now?

there was enuf dicsussion and efforts taken by all of us to advise u not to take interview outside ur state of residence. Still u guys are willing to take the risk! ..and u call urselves professionals whn u cant even understand statemenst written on the VFS website!
            at least advise other never to do it!

Comment

redirect mumbai to chennai.

Hi Prasad,

I have the same issue. Have u attend into chennai? please tell me the process.

Thanks,
              Vijaya.
              Originally posted by prasadvj
              Hi.. Friends
              I have been transfered to Pune and working in Pune for 4 months ,
              Previously i worked in Bangalore & Chennai.. the VO asked about my Expericence details fully.. where you have worked and for how long in each comapny .. then he has given 221g White form.,, in that it's noted that.. You not belonged to Mumbai consulate area.. attend at Chennai consulate..

I have query here.. Will they transfer my Case to Chennai Consulate and send these forms to Chennai..In that case when can i attend the Interview in Chennai wiht out taking the fresh appointment ? or Do i need to book a new App slot at Chennai Cosulate ? My Old HDFC fee receipt will be enough to
              book the App slot or Do i need to take the new HDFC fee token and book the slot at Chennai cosulate once again ?

I am in full consusion in what to do now.. VFS didn't given any proper information.. they are saying that the consulate will intimate you through mail.. Is it Correct ?

Thnaks ,
              prasad

Comment

issued 221g white form

]Hi.. Friends
                I have been deputed to Pune and working in Pune form past 8 months ,

Thnaks ,
                prasad[/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X