L1 extension in process - COS from L1 to H1B - Urgent Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 extension in process - COS from L1 to H1B - Urgent Please

I'm currently working on L1A through company A. My L1A visa and I-94 got expired in Nov 2007. I applied for L1 extension three months back. Now USCIS asked for RFE(request for evidence)on my L1 extension. I will receive the query details from USCIS in couple of days and will submit the required documents to USCIS as per the request. I also had H1B petetion through Company B which was approved when i was in india and is valid from Oct 1 2007.

1. Since my L1 extension process is under hold by USCIS now, is it Legal to apply for COS from L1 to H1B? i.e Can L1 extension process and COS from L1 to H1B can go in parallel?

2. Can I apply for COS from L1 to H1B without replying to the query raised by USCIS on my L1?

3. After submitting the required addtional documents to USCIS for the RFE raised on L1,and If L1 extension is rejected, and at the same time COS from L1 to H1B is under process(incase if i would have applied and answer to question 1 is ‘yes’ ), can I stay back in US until COS is approved?

4. If L1 extension is rejected by USCIS, immediately after that, Can I apply for COS to H1B since I have valid H1B petetion?

5. How long time does it take for COS from L1 to H1B?

6. If I stay in USA until the completion of L1A extension process and finally if it is rejected by USCIS, can I go for H1B stamping in India immediately? Or Do I need to wait for some period because of L1 extension rejection.

7. If the L1 extension is approved by USCIS and further COS from L1 to H1B is also approved, can I go for H1B stamping to Canada?

Sorry for several questions. Kindly reply. Thank you very much.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X