Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and Immigration petition Effect

HI,
    I hv a I-130 immigrant,unmarried over 21 petition filled for me by my father. Now i got the oppurtunity for H1 and my employer is willing to file it for me. Does it make any affect (+/-) on my immigration petition if i go for it?
    Some one told me that consulate people check for the strong ties back to your country, which in my case are not available....

Thanks in Advance!

Adeel

NO!..me and my brother is under petition by my parents,i got my tourist visa this year and my brother got an H1-B visa 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Re: H1 and Immigration petition Effect

An H1 allows immigration intent, so there shouldn't be any problems.

Comment

HI rakrom,
        Thanks for your reply. Can you plz share your experience while interview at consulate? I mean what sort of questions regarding immigration-petition they asked.....

Cheers

Comment

re

you should convince the consul that you're going
          back and you should have atleast 1 yr financial statement.he did not ask me about my current F1 petition although i was declared it on my application letter that i am under petition by my parents.just be honest..as for my brother h1b visa,the consul asked him only the papers that was sent to him by his employer.hope it helps

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X