Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 visa stamping

hi ,
    i came to us 3 years ago on b-1 for my interviews.
    i got an admit and transferred to f-1. i got my degree and got OPT and now my h-1.
    i wanted to know if there is a time frame to get this stamp on passport.
    is it that i have to go to india ....
    any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    booz

H1B visa vs H1B status

Once you get the H1B approval notice I-797, you are allowed to stay and work in US until it expired (it can be extended for another 3 years). In that sense, you do not need to do anything including stamping if you stay in US. So, I-797 is more like a status or a work document, but H1B visa is more like a travel document. If you want to travel abroad (defintely if you want to come back) you have to go through CP to get H1B visa (bring the H1B approval notice I-797 with you).

Comment

H1 VISA Stamping - PLS HELP

Hi,

I reside in USA currently in H1-B status. The H1-B stamping on my passport is expired. It expired in july 2002 and I renewed this visa and received this in July 2002 and is valid till July 2005. I didnt do stamping in the passport I am making this trip on June 13 and will be returning by July 3. I tried to make a reservation on the internet at ttsvisas.com but was able to find a available date in the last week of june. I am worried if I dont get my approval back from Consulate by first week of JULY.It is imperative that I need to be here in the US by july first week for risk of losing my job.

Also since my stamping expired one year ago will the stamping in Chennai will be OKAY?

Any help that you can do in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Regards
      Srini

Comment

Re: H1B visa vs H1B status

Thanks,, i do plan to go to india in Nov.04 and try my luck to get it stamped at the consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X