Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effect in B1 after H1 approval

Hi Gurus,

I have 10 yrs B1/B2 and have travelled once to us on this B1 in 2006. I got this B1/B2 while I was working with previous employeer.

My new employeer filled for my H1 and approval for same has been received in May-07. And the approval doc says the validity from Oct-07 to Sep-10. I may have to travel to US in early 2008 on a personel visit. I am totally confused what to do now. Can any one answer my following queries.

1) Is there any impact on B1/B2 validity or status after receiving approval of H1.
    2) If I start my H1 processing and go for H1 interview and suppose I get H1 or my H1 gets rejected. Will they cancel my B1/B2 also?
    3) Suppose I get H1 and my B1/B2 is also not cancelled then can i travel on
    B2 on a personel trip.
    4) What if I don't go for H1 processing now and start my H1 processing after coming back from US.
    5) As mentioned above the approval document received mentions
    - Notice type: Approval Notice
    - Class: H1B
    - Valid from: 10/01/2007 to 09/29/2010

So is the validity period applicable to the approval notice or is this validity period applicable to the period for which I may get H1.

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

as a general rule the B1/2 will not be cancelled if H1 is rejected or accepted. though it may be if fraud is suspected, if everything is above board and no lies on your part then no issues.

You can have two different visas at the same time, and your status will depend upon the reason for travel and the visa you present at the POE.

Comment

What if I don't go for H1 processing now and start my H1 processing after coming back from US.

Comment

As my approval document received mentions
        - Notice type: Approval Notice
        - Class: H1B
        - Valid from: 10/01/2007 to 09/29/2010

So is it possible that I can go for H1b stamping anytime between 10/01/2007 to 09/29/2010?

Comment

but it is better to apply for H1 now rather than wait.

What I dont understand is why would you need to go seperately on B1 if you are going anyway on H1. How long is the employer going to wait for you.

Comment

My employeer can wait that's not a problem.

Reason for going on B1 is that this is a personel trip.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X