Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1

Hi Folks

I'm having a H4 visa and planning to leave US in a couple of months. I have passed through the GRE and TOEFL exams.

Is there a way to convert my H4 visa to F1 visa.

Can you please shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Asha

Not 100% sure but ...

... you should be able to study full time on H4. I had this checked out a long time back and got the response that part or full time school is allowed for H4 visa holders.

Good luck.

Comment

Check if you are eligible for instate fee waiver

Little similar to your case, my wife on H4 already had GRE & TOFEL in hand prior to visiting US. She scheduled an appointment with specific head of department professor and did little homework on this Professor’s website about her research that did helped us a lot where Professor agreed to provide admission and I-20.

I feel meeting your local in-state professor personally will help you a lot & influence on making possible positive decisions.

Once we received confirmation, we accepted her admission letter and continue to do Masters on H4 because instead of being on F1 as it was lot cheaper to study on H4 due to being eligible for instate fee waiver that saved almost 80% of semester fees.

She successfully completed her Masters in Dec 2005.
      Wish you all the best!
      Arvind
      Last edited by arvindkappula; 12-03-2007, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks Arvind

Arvind, thank you very much for sharing a very positive piece of information based on your actual experience.

Appreciate your kindness to spare your valuable time and post the details.

Of course, the fee waiver will make the studies much better!
        I am sure not only will Asha benefit from this but a hundreds others too.

Take care.

Comment

You can easily convert your H4 to F1 and enjoy one year EAD work authorization to work same time searching for a job to get H1.

If you are not F1 , you are not eligible for OPT.

Originally posted by asharekhavet2003
          Hi Folks

I'm having a H4 visa and planning to leave US in a couple of months. I have passed through the GRE and TOEFL exams.

Is there a way to convert my H4 visa to F1 visa.

Can you please shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
          Asha

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X