Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer - Two paystubs for the same period

Hello all,

Here is my situation. I did a H1B transfer from company A to B and quit them on 16th Oct 2007. joined B on 17th Oct 2007. Company A usually withholds 2 week salary and they paid me the balance on 31st Oct 2007 (They say its their policy). However, the time period showed 15 to 31 oct 2007 (They say this is how their paybill system runs and they cant help it). I also got another paystub from B for the same duration (Company B generates paystubs on time).

Again company A found that they did not pay me 1 week salary by mistake and generated paystub for 15 to 31 Nov 2007, when it was more than a month since I stopped working for them. My current employer (B) also generated a paystub.

Will this be an issue? Is it not illegal to have two paystubs for the same duration. I did not work for them when they generated a stub. It was company A's mistake to have generated a paystub after I quit.

I have a letter from company A that I quit their services on 16th Oct.

Please let me know if there is an issue with my situation.

Thanks.

i think theres nothing wrong in the pay stubs coz each company has it's own payroll running system.
    ex:com P can run payroll for the first 2 weeks of work in 3rd week(most American companies do this way) n Com Q can run payroll for the first 2 weeks in the 4th week.(typical Indian consultancy)
    ultimately if u quit Q and join P(which runs in 3rd week) u get paycheck from P and Q(ur last working company--coz they run in 4th week) same time.but in reality its the period you work for them not the day/duration which they run the paystub.also u can't get the paystub from your last working company untill it it is DUE for payroll running duration.(suppose if you quit on Dec3rd you can get the pay on 7/14th Dec based on 3rd/4th week running as i told in P n Q)but by that time you will be in new company and if it follows the 3rd week period you get two pay checks.

underlying part is if you have the relieving orders from last worked company you are safe no bother when it runs the payroll and your new joining date shld be later the relieving date mentioned in last com.
    you shld also keep in track whether you are paid or not for your work.
    you can keep your eyes open for more posts from seniors.

use at own risk, not a legal advice.
    Last edited by JyothiReddy; 12-06-2007, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Thankyou so much Jyothi. Your reply was very helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X