H1B possible to obtain???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B possible to obtain???

in summer 2006 I travelled to New York from Ireland on a j1 visa for the summer, at the end of the summer my employer asked me to consider staying on because the work we do involves allot of skill and he found it very hard to find and capeable staff I wanted to stay on and we went about obtaining a 18 month j1 visa, the attorney filed a power of attorney so that i would not fall out of status when my j1 expired while the new j1 was being filed, when I did return to Ireland for my embassy interview in Febuary 2007 it was denied as I had not brought enough evidenece to support my ties to Ireland, this was not advised by attorney, I appealed and had another interview the next and I brought allot of evidenece demostrating my ties but it was not viewed and the visa again denied, not long after I was refused entry on the Montreal New york crossing. since then i have returned to college in Ireland and recently been in contact with an attorney in New York the firm speacize in immirgration law and we are going about obtaing H1B visa I have three years of college completed and over three years of work experience so I may be avail of the H1B, if so would i need 212 visa after being denied entry if so what are my chances of this and the H1 being successfull, I would really like to get back working for my employer, any advice or help would be a great help

J1 visa denial will not have any adverse effect on your H1, as H1 is dual intention (immigration and non immigration) you no need to show any tie with your home country. F1/J1 have only non immigration intention.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by madisonmenece
    in summer 2006 I travelled to New York from Ireland on a j1 visa for the summer, at the end of the summer my employer asked me to consider staying on because the work we do involves allot of skill and he found it very hard to find and capeable staff I wanted to stay on and we went about obtaining a 18 month j1 visa, the attorney filed a power of attorney so that i would not fall out of status when my j1 expired while the new j1 was being filed, when I did return to Ireland for my embassy interview in Febuary 2007 it was denied as I had not brought enough evidenece to support my ties to Ireland, this was not advised by attorney, I appealed and had another interview the next and I brought allot of evidenece demostrating my ties but it was not viewed and the visa again denied, not long after I was refused entry on the Montreal New york crossing. since then i have returned to college in Ireland and recently been in contact with an attorney in New York the firm speacize in immirgration law and we are going about obtaing H1B visa I have three years of college completed and over three years of work experience so I may be avail of the H1B, if so would i need 212 visa after being denied entry if so what are my chances of this and the H1 being successfull, I would really like to get back working for my employer, any advice or help would be a great help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X