H1 to H4 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 to H1

I have a question on my brothers wife's status. She came on H4 and transfered to H1 this year got approved. She had not got the SSN yet. She applied for SSN but there is some delay due to mismatch of her information at the port of entry. Now due to some unavoidable circumstances she will not be able to work till june. Her employer says that he will be sending her letter to INS about her status that she cannot work and after when my brother wife wants to work after june, she will be able to apply for H1 and she assures that my brother wife will not come in lottery ,in 2008 quota, since she is assigned a number in 2007., she can get her H1 without lottery. I think the employed is lying, is anybody faced issues like this before.. Please let me know

Please suggest

[QUOTE=jmos82]I have a question on my brothers wife's status. She came on H4 and transfered to H1 this year got approved. She had not got the SSN yet. She applied for SSN but there is some delay due to mismatch of her information at the port of entry. Now due to some unavoidable circumstances she will not be able to work till june. Her employer says that he will be sending her letter to INS about her status that she cannot work and after when my brother wife wants to work after june, she will be able to apply for H1 and she assures that my brother wife will not come in lottery ,in 2008 quota, since she is assigned a number in 2007., she can get her H1 without lottery. I think the employed is lying, is anybody faced issues like this before..

Anythougts please

Comment

The employer is following thw law to the tee and doing exactly the right thing.

follow his advice, and change her status to H4 for now and apply for H1 when she wants to work, and she will not be subject to cap

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X