Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Extension and risk of starting green card processing in the last year of H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension and risk of starting green card processing in the last year of H1B

Hi
    My Last year of H1B expires in December of 2008. My employer is starting the green card process now. Just want to find out if I can still get the extension for my H1B and how am doing as far as the timelines are concerned?

You may get one-year extension if your employment based GC still under process or pending after 6-year H1B time limits.

*This is not a legal advice. Please consult your immigration attorney for legal advice.

Comment

Thanks

Hi Thanks for the response. I am concerned about H1B extension because my Greencard has not been applied yet and it needs to be applied atleast one year before the expiry of the H1B. I am not sure if green card should be in the process or i should have labour cleared etc one year before to get the extension. The other option i think is I140 approved and I am not sure how long that takes with the PERM process.

Thanks,
      Kiran Kumar Sanubala

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X