help required about H1 stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help required about H1 stamping

Presently Im on H4 in US . We have recently decided to get divorced. Back in 2005 when I was in India, I applied for a H1 through a consultant and ive got a valid, approved H1 petition. Now when I get divorced my H4 would become invalid and I do not want to go back to India. I want to start working here.
    My question is :
    Do I need to go back to India and get my H1 stamped. Cant I start working here without the stamping or is it possible that I can go to Mexico or Canada and get my Visa stamped.
    If I want to get married to any other person in US, then please advice me how to do that as my status will get invalidated as soon as I get divorced.

Please give me any suggestions on this.
    Last edited by Bubblyp; 12-08-2007, 11:11 PM.

z
    Originally posted by Bubblyp
    Presently Im on H4 in US . We have recently decided to get divorced. Back in 2005 when I was in India, I applied for a H1 through a consultant and ive got a valid, approved H1 petition. Now when I get divorced my H4 would become invalid and I do not want to go back to India. I want to start working here.
    My question is :
    Do I need to go back to India and get my H1 stamped. Cant I start working here without the stamping or is it possible that I can go to Mexico or Canada and get my Visa stamped.

If you have valid H1 approval notice you can go to mexico to get H1 visa stamped to start working. Now your status is H4 inorder to get your status changed to H1 you must have I 94 card with caveat "H1B" on it. If you check your present I 94 it may says H4 wriiten on ti.

I 94 give the status not the H1 approval receipt. If approved H1 receipt comes with I 94 at bottom, you no need to go for stamping.

If I want to get married to any other person in US, then please advice me how to do that as my status will get invalidated as soon as I get divorced.
    First get your visa changed to H1 and then get married, or after new marriage apply H4 immediately through an attorney.
    Please give me any suggestions on this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X