H1 Revalidation - Passport about to expire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Revalidation - Passport about to expire

I have an appointment at the Nogales US Consulate to revalidate my H1B in December last week. (For my rest of the 6 year period). But I later realized that my passport expires in about 8 months from now.

1. Would I be able to revalidate and re-enter US with my passport expiring in 8 months?
    2. I have an impending trip to India in Feb, would be able to re-enter in March with my passport expiring in 5 months by that time?

I don't believe I have enough time to get a new passport.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Sreedhar

Passport issues

I have an appointment at the Nogales US Consulate to revalidate my H1B in December last week. (For my rest of the 6 year period). But I later realized that my passport expires in about 8 months from now.

1. Would I be able to revalidate and re-enter US with my passport expiring in 8 months?

---- Yes

2. I have an impending trip to India in Feb, would be able to re-enter in March with my passport expiring in 5 months by that time?

---- Apply for a renewal of your Passport, after gettting the Visa and coming to the US. It takes about 15 days to get it renewed while in the US

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X