Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 status change

Hi,

I am holding an H4 visa and planning to come to US by July 2008. As i am interested to do job i need to know about the new process of changing my currnet visa to H1.

Can anyone provide me proper information regarding the new procedure for change of status H4 to H1?

Regards
    Jogy Susan Varghese

The procedure is same as getting a new H1 under quota. Year 2009 quota start from April 1, 2008, if approved you can start working from Oct 1, 2008 only.

Originally posted by varghejo
    Hi,

I am holding an H4 visa and planning to come to US by July 2008. As i am interested to do job i need to know about the new process of changing my currnet visa to H1.

Can anyone provide me proper information regarding the new procedure for change of status H4 to H1?

Regards
    Jogy Susan Varghese

Comment

I would to get clarified on one more thing related to this scenario.

Can a person with H4 (but not travelled to US) apply for H1 from outside US. If yes, can the person travel to US in H4 in between the H1 approval period (April - Oct)

Thanks

Originally posted by GreatGuru
      The procedure is same as getting a new H1 under quota. Year 2009 quota start from April 1, 2008, if approved you can start working from Oct 1, 2008 only.

Comment

Applying H1 outside US will not make any effect to stamped H4, which is not activated by entering in to US.

Approved H1 will be considered as a new H1 and you need visa stamping before start working with your sponser.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X