Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa stamping (Living in the US)

HI!

I came to US in Aug 2005 on H4 visa, i applied for H1B in April 2006 and got it approved. Started woking from the same year , working for the same client from Dec 2006 till date, contract extended for one more year. Im going to India for a visit and i need to re-stamp my visa, im going to blore. But my H4 visa was stamped in New delhi, i thought of visiting New delhi only since my previous visa was stamped there and moreover when i had to book an appointment i chose the option, Indian citizen living in the US, so it shows me all the 4 counsils in india. I guess i havent done a mistake chossing New delhi.?
    Secondly, my I-94 expired in Sept 2006 but my H1 (I797 came with an I-94 attached for extension) do i need to tear this when i m leaving the US?
    Since im already working in the US from one year, what kind of questions can i expect and what doc should i be concentrating more?

Thanks in advance if someone answers all my questions!

can someonw pls reply for my query?? Thanks!

Comment

Hand over the new I-94 with I-797 approval form at your Port of Exit from US. We are seeing a lof of cases of redirecting candidates to the consulate closest to their home and in their consular jusrisdiction. Ask yourself, did you pick the right one?

Comment

Thanks for the answer orion, I have chosen delhi, our trip is only for 4 weeks and one week my hubby is on official duty in delhi..passport is issued from blore..but we have been living in the US from past 3 yrs now..my husband's visa stampings (B1, H1 ) are all from delhi and my H4 visa stamp is from delhi too and heard that people ("indian citizen resident in US) can take visa interview from any council back in india..
        What docs would be checked for me, since mine is an H4 to H1 visa, i have my contract letter (mine is corp to corp ) contract, which was made last year, valid for one year, this year my contract got extended and i have a fresh contract letter made for one more year, the onctract letter tells my name and the client location and my consulting company very clearly with my SS# details etc, i have filed taxes for last year and will be carrying my w2 for this year, since im travelling early jan, what is the risk of taking interview in delhi, infact i had booked chennai initially but my husband's work made us cancel the chennai appt and go for delhi..

Comment

Recently my friend had been to Delhi , hes from Hyderabad and been working in US for the last 3 years .. there wont b much questions ..

1. Which company ur working for
          2/ Wahst ur sal
          3. Where r u staying ..

Carry I797,offer letter,w2 forms and latest pay slips and bank statements of US

Comment

Thanks Hibuji, but your friend when for H1 extension right, im going for fresh H1 stamping, i got my H1 living in US and never wnet to india for stamping, is this is also Ok??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X