Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subramanya Please give some advice

Hi
    I am waiting for my h1-b Visa interview to happen this coming Jan at Chennai.I am from hydrabad.I have a valid 10 year B1 Visa from my current company. I was there in US for couple months. My B1 petition was done from my current company and in my DS-157 form was filled by my current company's cencerned people.

I have a sister there in US and she is a citizen over there. But for getting my B1 visa my current company hided the fact about my sister over there in US.

Now this time I have to fill the DS-157 form myslef.

But I have a doubt..

1. Should i mention that my sister is there and a citizen too?
    If i put that will it affect while visa interview, since my B1 visa details in their records doesnt have the information that my sister is there.
    2. In case if I menton that my sister is in US and she is a Citizen there, and if I tell the VO(if VO ask) that last time the application was filled by my current company's concerned people and I was unaware of the information that had been put. Will it be a valid reason What I am giving ??

Please advice I am waiting for your reply for making a decision.
    Regards
    VK

H1 interview

I am waiting for my h1-b Visa interview to happen this coming Jan at Chennai.I am from hydrabad.I have a valid 10 year B1 Visa from my current company. I was there in US for couple months. My B1 petition was done from my current company and in my DS-157 form was filled by my current company's cencerned people.

I have a sister there in US and she is a citizen over there. But for getting my B1 visa my current company hided the fact about my sister over there in US.

But I have a doubt..

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]1. Should i mention that my sister is there and a citizen too?

---- Yes, in applications where they ask about family details be as clear and frand as possible

If i put that will it affect while visa interview, since my B1 visa details in their records doesnt have the information that my sister is there.

---- The details given on the form have nothing to do iwth your H1 visa interview. this is independent and free from any obligations or any other interview asn Visas that you held or have held in the past

2. In case if I menton that my sister is in US and she is a Citizen there, and if I tell the VO(if VO ask) that last time the application was filled by my current company's concerned people and I was unaware of the information that had been put. Will it be a valid reason What I am giving Please advice I am waiting for your reply for making a decision.

---- When you are educated, knowledgeable and mature applications being filled by others (including employers, consultants, relatives etc) have nothing to do with your interview. It is you who has submitted the application and it is your application that you are anwsering. You bwing unaware of the information shows how ignorant you are of filling in application forms and other such personal matters

---- However, these questions will not arise and you do not have to be concerned about them. Show them that you are mature and you can stand up to what you mentioned in your apllications forms and the job that you can do. That is what you also want in another person when you are talking and interviewing

Subramanya

Comment

Subramanya Please give some advice - part 2

Originally posted by Subramanya

But I have a doubt..

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]1. Should i mention that my sister is there and a citizen too?

---- Yes, in applications where they ask about family details be as clear and frand as possible

---- The details given on the form have nothing to do iwth your H1 visa interview. this is independent and free from any obligations or any other interview asn Visas that you held or have held in the past

2. In case if I menton that my sister is in US and she is a Citizen there, and if I tell the VO(if VO ask) that last time the application was filled by my current company's concerned people and I was unaware of the information that had been put. Will it be a valid reason What I am giving Please advice I am waiting for your reply for making a decision.

---- When you are educated, knowledgeable and mature applications being filled by others (including employers, consultants, relatives etc) have nothing to do with your interview. It is you who has submitted the application and it is your application that you are anwsering. You bwing unaware of the information shows how ignorant you are of filling in application forms and other such personal matters

---- However, these questions will not arise and you do not have to be concerned about them. Show them that you are mature and you can stand up to what you mentioned in your apllications forms and the job that you can do. That is what you also want in another person when you are talking and interviewing

Subramanya

Hi Sybramanya
      Thanx for your reply. As i mentioned in my last post that the form DS-157 was filled by my current company's concerned department ,the company people told me specifically not to mentioned that my sister is there, because they are telling,that may be a case for my visa rejection. Before going for B1 interview my company told do not tell about my sisters details while interview too. So thats why i got confused , and this time i am scheduling my visa interview.

I have one more doubt that, my wife and myself is going for the H1 interview, do we both need to schedule the interview on the same day ..please give some suggestions.

Thanx a lot for your prompt reply and I realy appriciate your kindness to use your precious time for helping people like us .

Thanks and Regards
      VK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X