Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have H1B.Will it be revoked/cancelled if i file for an H4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have H1B.Will it be revoked/cancelled if i file for an H4?

I have H1B.My husband is in US and has an h1b for himself too.
    So he can take me as dependent on a h4 visa.
    But will my h1b be revoked/cancelled if i file for an H4?

Please help if u have any idea abt it.Thanks in advance.

Your H1 gets invalid once you go for H4 again to re-voke it you need to apply it in the cap for 2008.

Comment

H1 and H4 issues

I have H1B.My husband is in US and has an h1b for himself too.
      So he can take me as dependent on a h4 visa.
      But will my h1b be revoked/cancelled if i file for an H4?

Please help if u have any idea abt it.Thanks in advance.

---- If you have a H1B with you why are you not going to the US on H1?

---- Yes, you can go to the US on H4 also

---- Your H1 will not be revoked or cancelled. At the POE you declare your intention of entering the US on H1 or H4. Accordingly you will be issued the I-94

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Hi thanks Subramanya..

--there is no project requirement in my present company in US..so thats why iam planning to go in h4 as dependent...

--U mean now if i apply for an h4..they will ask during visa stamping whts the reason & issue me the h4 without cancelling my h1???

I didn't get wht u meant by..Accordingly you will be issued the I-94 ..whts this I-94? i have no much idea on all these..pls help....

Comment

Pls help...Subramanya or anyone

Hi

Please reply to my above query...
          Is it confirmed that my h1b will not be cancelled if i now apply for an h4..
          And whts this I-94??

Thanks in advance

Comment

H4 and H1 issues

--there is no project requirement in my present company in US..so thats why iam planning to go in h4 as dependent...

--U mean now if i apply for an h4..they will ask during visa stamping whts the reason & issue me the h4 without cancelling my h1???

---- If your H1 is valid and the Visa is stamped on your Passport, they will not cancel it. Your application for H4 will be bonored and you will be given a H4 Visa

I didn't get wht u meant by..Accordingly you will be issued the I-94 ..whts this I-94? i have no much idea on all these..pls help

---- This is the card that you fill out before landing in the US and the Immimigration Officer at the POE gives you back the bottom portion of this card indicating your status H1 or H4 (whichever you request for) and that will be your legal status of stay in the US

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X