Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Visa Extension & The New Law

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Visa Extension & The New Law

    My visa is expiring on October, 2004. So I need an extension. I came to know about the new law that from July 16, 2004 onwards visa revalidation can be done only in the home country. What I understood is, if I want to extend my visa from withing US I can do it within US by applying for visa extension. But if I want to get stamping on my passport, I have to go to my country to get it. Is that correct?

    If this is correct, this new law will affect only to those who want visa stamping on their passports, not those who need visa extension. Did I understand correctly?

    Please let me know. It will be a great help. Thanks in advance for your answer.

  • #2
    Yes, your understanding is correct.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

    Visa and Greencard Tracker

    Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.


    • #3
      H1-B Visa stamping and extension - What's the difference?

      Hi, my visa expires in the early next year.
      What's the difference between stamping and extension? My understanding was that if you apply for an extension you have to send your passport in with pictures and all, and you get a new visa stamped on your passport.
      Could you please explain? Do I have to go to India?