Urgent Travel advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Travel advice needed!

Hi...my name is Sri and i came to US in 2001 on a H4 visa. I was on H4 visa until my dad expired in 2005 and converted to B2 visa after dads death so i can stay in the country and perform the last rites. My mom got a h1 and hence i also got a H4.....but since i turned 21 in 2006, i changed my status to F1 and am on the f1 status currently. I have to make a trip to india in a week to meet my grandparents and if i leave the country, i need to get my visa stamped since i didnt go back to india after coming here. I have all my documents with me but i am missing one document that is the H4 approval notice after B2 visa.

My question is will it be okay if i show my moms H1 and say that i have my h4 and i couldnt locate the document.....and i am guessing they wont stress too much on the document since i am on an F1 status now...but i really need to travel and i am concerned what they ask when i go for the visa interview in chennai...plz help asap

Thanks
    Sri
    Edit/Delete Message

it is good to have all your documents intact and then make your trip.Find your h4 approval and go prepared.
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

If you are going to Chennai for F1 visa stamping thing twice, take all the documents including affdavit of support.

All the past status proofs are mandatory. They are looking for opportunity to deny any non immigrant visa. Please be too cautious.

Originally posted by sriki_sriki
      Hi...my name is Sri and i came to US in 2001 on a H4 visa. I was on H4 visa until my dad expired in 2005 and converted to B2 visa after dads death so i can stay in the country and perform the last rites. My mom got a h1 and hence i also got a H4.....but since i turned 21 in 2006, i changed my status to F1 and am on the f1 status currently. I have to make a trip to india in a week to meet my grandparents and if i leave the country, i need to get my visa stamped since i didnt go back to india after coming here. I have all my documents with me but i am missing one document that is the H4 approval notice after B2 visa.

My question is will it be okay if i show my moms H1 and say that i have my h4 and i couldnt locate the document.....and i am guessing they wont stress too much on the document since i am on an F1 status now...but i really need to travel and i am concerned what they ask when i go for the visa interview in chennai...plz help asap

Thanks
      Sri
      Edit/Delete Message

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X