Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Stamped with wrong name-Pls help

Hi

I attended interview with consulate on 27th dec and got my visa on 29th. I had only 3 questions which I have given in my previous post dated 28th Dec.

I have a small query, pls help me in this regard.

In my wife's visa there is one mistake.

Her Surname & Given Name are interchanged in the visa. Her Surname in passport is X and GivenName is Y, but in visa they came as Y in Surname and X in Given Name. But the spellings are correct.

Please suggest, do I need to contact VFS for name changing or it will not create any problem to go to US?
    If I send thru VFS for name changing is there any risk and how many day it will take for re-delivering the passport.

Thanks in advance..

You better contact the VFS if you don't want to take any chances.

Comment

Hi,

I have contacted VFS thru [email protected] and got a response saying that " It is not a mistake, you can travel to US with the same visa"

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Hei buddy
        Dont worry, i alos had the same , but i travelled twice, nobody asked abt that. If you have still doubt send a mail to VFS.

Regards
        Vinu
        Originally posted by ravi2us
        Hi

I attended interview with consulate on 27th dec and got my visa on 29th. I had only 3 questions which I have given in my previous post dated 28th Dec.

I have a small query, pls help me in this regard.

In my wife's visa there is one mistake.

Her Surname & Given Name are interchanged in the visa. Her Surname in passport is X and GivenName is Y, but in visa they came as Y in Surname and X in Given Name. But the spellings are correct.

Please suggest, do I need to contact VFS for name changing or it will not create any problem to go to US?
        If I send thru VFS for name changing is there any risk and how many day it will take for re-delivering the passport.

Thanks in advance..

Comment

Hi,

Its a common error always happens from US Embassy/Consulate,but it will not effect you to enter US..

You can travel to US but give the proper information in I 94 as per passport..so it will not effect for SSN..

Srinni
          Srinni

Comment

Thanks smallwhale, vini , srinni and all of you on immihelp..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X