Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b 2009

Hi

does anyone have any idea how the situation will be for H1B filings in Apr. 2008.
    What are the chances that cap reaches out on first day itself (as it happend in 2007).

Thanks for your comments.

bobby

With US slowdown, may not be happen this time.

Comment

Whatever be the economy, H1B situation is gonna get worse every year. I am myself waiting to apply for 9 petitions for my brother/sister/cousins and some of them are applying with multiple employers

Comment

cant really predict the situation for this year..coz ppl who have not gone thru H1 process i.e ppl who applied but not lucky enough to get thru.. last year will also apply including the ppl applying freshly this year...
        also theres a talk that the date can be prepone to Mar 25 or so unlike Apr 01 evry yr--dont take it for granted..jus a rumor...am not promoting neither am hinting any one to adhere to it.

Comment

Isn't it illegal to file petition thru multiple employers simultaneously?

Comment

All MULTIPLE applications will be REJECTED starting this year.

You may want to withdraw one sooner beefore it is sent

Comment

Applying thru multiple employers poses a risk of getting sued by any of the petioning companies.
              check at http://www.usvisa.com/h1bfaq.shtml

Q May I have two or more companies sponsor me at the same time for full-time employment?

Comment

cbpds: are you sure that multiple applns will be definitely get rejected..n we need to select any one?any info on this is best treated.

Comment

I have no Idea if that rule is yet implemented or not.
                  But one consultant had sent me an agreement which has mentioned following line.

"I hereby agree that, I have not authorized any other corporation to file a petition on behalf of me"

When I asked them what that means, they replied back saying its illegal to have multiple petitions filed through separate employers starting this year and your petitions will be canceled at any time even though it is approved. On top of that you will be sued by the corporation who has filed your petition.
                  Last edited by itzprams; 03-11-2008, 02:44 PM.
                  I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

He wants to make sure that he is not wasting his money filing for you.

It it a legally enforcable? I don't know.

Should you be concerened about signing? Only if you are planning to file through more than one employer.

Solution: If you want to file more than one application, don't do it with this employer. Otherwise, since you do not intend to violate the terms of the contract, sign it and go on.

Comment

I was supposed to pay for that and it wasnt a sponsorship.
                      But they were saying that, if in case USCIS cancels your approved petition at later stage it would make big trouble for them.
                      I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Originally posted by itzprams
                        I was supposed to pay for that and it wasnt a sponsorship.
                        But they were saying that, if in case USCIS cancels your approved petition at later stage it would make big trouble for them.
                        H1b is only meant for sponsorship. If you are paying for it, you are bluffing USCIS and is adopting illegal usage of H1b. Its true that some consultants are doing this but on application papers you remain a candidate for their sponsorship. Also, most consultants take this money as refundable security deposit and not as a H1b fee. If he takes H1b fee, he is elegible to be sued.

PS: The above is as per my knowledge. For legal advise, refer to a qualified attorney

Comment

Of the fees, certain ones can be paid by the applicant while others must be paid by the employer.

See the USCIS official information for a list of which fees fall into the two areas and compare that with the list of fees you are being asked to pay..

The best employers will pay both the required and optional fees. An acceptable employer would make you pay the fees that can be passed on to you. A fraud employer sells visa applications and asks for fees he knows that he is required by law to pay.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X