Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transferred.Is New H4 required for bringing family again

Hi,

I was with Employer A till 2003 March, the visa for which is till September 2004. I left my family in India and came back in October 2003 through another Employer B who has applied for h1b transfer. I haven't got the approval notice which may happen anytime now. My family had the H4 papers of Employer A when it was here. Now If I want to bring them here, Do I need to apply for H4 again or will my new H1 approval notice will suffice for them to get the visa stamped in India.

Thanks for any help.

Regards, Thani

Not required..But...

If your spouse has valid visa till Sept 2004, she can travel to USA with that visa, irrespective of your new h1-b.

After her arrival to usa, You may need to file I-539 for your spouse for the extension of visa with ur new h1-b, where she gets new I-94 as per your new h1-b. You must get the new i-94 for your spouse before the expiry of current i-94.

Failing to this she must leave USA before current expiry of I-94 and get it stamped in INDIA using ur new h1.

As you mentioned, the H1 is not yet received..You can call ur spouse on current Visa and apply for i-539 and get new I-94. You both can get it stamped in USA itself.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X