• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2 Issue for H4 Stamping

Hello
    I have a couple of questions:
    1.I changed my company from Company A to Company B
    Company B has given me my W2 for 2007. But Company A is refusing to Provide me my W2 for months I have worked for them. I was also on bench for 3 months with Company A.

In April I will be going to INDIA to get my Wife H4 stamped in Mumbai
    Will the Visa Officer will ask for COmpany A W2 or Company b W2 will be sufficient.
    I will be having Letter of continuation of employment from company B
    last 6 months Pay stubs
    6 months Bank statements
    and all other required documents.
    My concern is my wife would be going alone for that Visa Interview, as My Visa is valid until 2009.
    will that be a concern for h4 stamping..if yess then what is the way out of it...
    can i have my wife tourist Visa stamped for US and then when she comes here is it possible to transfer tourist to H4....
    please help...
    thanks
    Sam

Dont worry IRS will help you in worst case scenarios!!

sam,

I had the same situation back in 2005 and all I had to do is have a friendly phone conversation with my old employer who was refusing to give my 2004 W2 (since I transferred to another employer) and informed him not to sweat out too much and the same issue will be addressed to IRS in written why I will not be able to file my 2004 taxes completely. Trust me I got a over night envelope next day at my given home mailing address from this employer with W2.

My old employer was enjoying 60% of my billing rate for almost close to 2 years and when I came to know about it, he was bargaining for an increase in my pay by 50 cents (can you believe this) it did happen to me…I am glad I did transferred to my current employer and very happy with them & no complaints or issues.

Now comes, the second issue, when I was filing my taxes, guess what my earlier employer who did my W2 over night showed all incorrect number to IRS and pretty much screwed up big time with my W2. My YTD(year to date) dollar amount was not at all matching my W2 numbers and this I came to know when I was filing my taxes at H&R Block and once again I had to have one more phone discussion with him about the found issue and had explained to this employer with my plan of action, put a cover letter to IRS explaining what happened and what this employer did with my W2.

I cant believe this, he asked me for 24 hours time to fix that and did a e-filing adjustment and mailed me corrected W2. (IRS threat did work for me)

Trust me, don’t panic or worry too much about all this IRS is always there to take care of if and by all means once you give a written complaint to IRS they will for sure come very hard on the employer and I am sure pretty much all the employers out there do know what type of consequences they have to deal with once IRS knock’s their door

Since you still have time to file your taxes, discuss with your earlier employer and see how it works with my above given scenarios, I am sure he will have a mild heart attack at the first place…and I hope some solution will come out for you!

Good luck!!
    Last edited by JAIHIND; 01-18-2008, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for the reply
      My another concern is..
      I am ok with my Visa which is valid until 2009
      But i Have to get My wifes h4 in april 2008
      No when she goes to mumbai consulate alone for Stamping and the VO asks for explainition for bench period and Pay stubs for that as well....as I was on bench for June and July 2008...which is more than 60 days...which itself put my status illegal....
      I don't know how to handle that....my current company W2 is only for 2 months and shows only 7000 dollars.
      but perviuos company W2 will show approx 9500 dollars..for 2 months
      My issue is for those 3 months.....for which i was never paid...which itlsef is illegal...
      tell me if you have any suggestions to deal with this situation..
      thanks
      Sam

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X