Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Timelines / Procedure

Hello People,

I have 2 queries on the H1B timelines / Procedure. I request you to kindly help me on these:

1. My H1B was Issued(stamped) in Sept 2007, valid till Sept 2010.
    Can I travel to US of A in Jan 2009?. Is that fine by the consulate provided my Consultant is fine with this?.

2. What is the process for Transfering the H1B , as soon as I land in US?.

Thanks in Advance, Suresh BJ

Hi

I think you can . cos i got my h1 on may 06 and entered us on nov 07. So things should be fine provided your employer agrees for it... and it also depends on the place of your port of entry...

Comment

Thanks Sir!

Thanks Sir, I would keep my employer informed.
      Also, Is it possible ..I enter US --> stay till my SSN comes and leave the country , only to come back late?. :-)

Comment

you may

Hi friend,

You may, provided your employer keeps the job open, for which the case was approved.

But I don't think any of the forum members would like to know your intentions of getting in just for SSN and get out sooner you get that ***** number?

Take care.

Comment

Thanks Dear

Thanks you Mait!

Comment

And whats your intention? what will you do with a ssn being out of US?

Comment

...okie..."I would wait for SSN and come back later" means..
              at the time of entering US ...I am not confident of landing in a job ( clearly, a skill set problem )...secondly, I would return means ...with a proper skill set..

clearly, my intentions are as good as anyone intending to apply for H1B -- get a job to work in US of A.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X