Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 stamping and fiancee visa doubts (f1 student)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 stamping and fiancee visa doubts (f1 student)

Hi, I have been studying in US doing my masters for about 2 years now and this is my last semester. I wanted to be able to apply for H1 this year but I have not finished my masters yet. I am on legal F1 status/visa. I am already engaged and my fiancee has graduated last year and hence applying for H1 this year.

Hence, I have a few doubts -

1. In case I find an employer in my last semester and apply for H1 this year, and say supposedly I get approved and the H1 kicks in from October. Will I have to go back to my home country to get the stamping done before I can start working? Or I can just transfer my status form F1 to H1 and start working here?

2. Is there something called fiance Visa? If yes then could you explain a little bit or point me to the right direction please? I was wondering if it is same as H4 where H4 cannot work legally. I would be glad. Because if there is such visa then if either my fiance gets it or myself, he or she can support the other.

Thanks a lot,
    AJ

Finacee visa is only for US Citizen.

If you are married and your wife has H1 , then you can apply H4 dependent visa.
    Before marriage H4 is not possible.

Originally posted by okiedokie
    Hi, I have been studying in US doing my masters for about 2 years now and this is my last semester. I wanted to be able to apply for H1 this year but I have not finished my masters yet. I am on legal F1 status/visa. I am already engaged and my fiancee has graduated last year and hence applying for H1 this year.

Hence, I have a few doubts -

1. In case I find an employer in my last semester and apply for H1 this year, and say supposedly I get approved and the H1 kicks in from October. Will I have to go back to my home country to get the stamping done before I can start working? Or I can just transfer my status form F1 to H1 and start working here?

2. Is there something called fiance Visa? If yes then could you explain a little bit or point me to the right direction please? I was wondering if it is same as H4 where H4 cannot work legally. I would be glad. Because if there is such visa then if either my fiance gets it or myself, he or she can support the other.

Thanks a lot,
    AJ

Comment

Can one start a business or company on H1

Originally posted by GreatGuru
      Finacee visa is only for US Citizen.

If you are married and your wife has H1 , then you can apply H4 dependent visa.
      Before marriage H4 is not possible.
      Thanks a lot GreatGuru. Can you clarify one more doubt please:

Can one work on independent projects on H1?
      Or can one start his/her own company on H1? I mean there will be a transfer issue but my question is that is it possible by any chance?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X