X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1/H4 Visa - Interviewed together and 221(G) Issue

Hello All,

H1 and H4 Visa Interview: Jan 8th, 2008

Me and wife interviewed for our H1 and H4 visas respectively on Jan 8th, 2008 and were told my the visa officer that there is no problems in issuing you guyz your visas but there is a change in process and handed us the Yellow 221(G) form and asked us to wait for an email which would direct us to drop our passports at VFS.

My email (H1) Recevied: Jan 24th, 2008

My wife received a similar email (H1) in error on the same date and immediately a correction email was sent to her that she should wait for a correct email and not drop her passports at VFS.

After that I enquired with VFS and explained them the situation and asked them that since we have only one 221(G) form how can I submit my wife's passport when she receives her email. They did not have a definite answer so I had to go to VFS to drop my passport.

At VFS I learnt (from the collection officer) that a lot of people had received email in error and we should wait for a separate email for my wife. And as for the new 221(G) form during her passport submision, they advised that we should go to the Counsulate and explain them the whole situation and get 221(G) issued. A Big Hassle!

So, I did not submit my passport and since I have some time in hand, we are waiting for her email.

Anyone with similar situation? Or What to do?

Originally posted by sameery
    Hello All,

H1 and H4 Visa Interview: Jan 8th, 2008

Me and wife interviewed for our H1 and H4 visas respectively on Jan 8th, 2008 and were told my the visa officer that there is no problems in issuing you guyz your visas but there is a change in process and handed us the Yellow 221(G) form and asked us to wait for an email which would direct us to drop our passports at VFS.

My email (H1) Recevied: Jan 24th, 2008

My wife received a similar email (H1) in error on the same date and immediately a correction email was sent to her that she should wait for a correct email and not drop her passports at VFS.

After that I enquired with VFS and explained them the situation and asked them that since we have only one 221(G) form how can I submit my wife's passport when she receives her email. They did not have a definite answer so I had to go to VFS to drop my passport.

At VFS I learnt (from the collection officer) that a lot of people had received email in error and we should wait for a separate email for my wife. And as for the new 221(G) form during her passport submision, they advised that we should go to the Counsulate and explain them the whole situation and get 221(G) issued. A Big Hassle!

So, I did not submit my passport and since I have some time in hand, we are waiting for her email.

Anyone with similar situation? Or What to do?

I came thru the same situation.But for me it was 221g blue. They didn't issue any letter to my wife-H4(She also attended the interview with me). They asked me to drop the passport at vfs along with some document from employer. I submitted both the passports along with the requested documents and I got the passports with H1B and H4 stamps after a period of one month. Btw, I haven't received any email from the consulate.....so better call up or email the consulate to get a clear picture on how you need to proceed....I don't know the phoneno.(Pls refer the consulate website) but you can mail the chennai consulate at [email protected]...

All the best!!!!

Comment

Hello,

I had emailed the Mumbai Counsulate on a couple of occassions explaining them the entire scenario and everytime they came back with a one line answer saying - please wait for an email from us.

Its a deadlock ...

Originally posted by h12007
      I came thru the same situation.But for me it was 221g blue. They didn't issue any letter to my wife-H4(She also attended the interview with me). They asked me to drop the passport at vfs along with some document from employer. I submitted both the passports along with the requested documents and I got the passports with H1B and H4 stamps after a period of one month. Btw, I haven't received any email from the consulate.....so better call up or email the consulate to get a clear picture on how you need to proceed....I don't know the phoneno.(Pls refer the consulate website) but you can mail the chennai consulate at [email protected]...

All the best!!!!

Comment

Dear h12007, could you please share your e-mail address or phone number ?

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

absence of case number, online

hi,
          I need your small help.
          I had my h1b interview at chennai on 31 Jan with pink sheet given by visa officer. But as of today, 11 Feb, my case number has not appeared on the online case status report.
          Did your number appeared immediately after interview or afterwards (how many days ?).

Thanks for your time.

Kulks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X