H1 extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension

The 6 years start with the first entry on H1. So you can apply for an extension until July 2005.
    The forms are the usual ones: LCA and I-129. You should also provide evidence that you first entered in July 1999.

Thanks a ton. Do you think I could do this myself and whether I can use the same LCA which I have from my current job. You can guess the reason why I want to do it myself...its the cost of attorney. I dont know if this is a good idea??

Regards,
    Sardila

Comment

H1 extension

Friends!!

I need some guidance here. My H1 was issued in Nov 1998 but I landed here in July 1999. In July 2001 I switched jobs and got myself a new new H1/H4 which expires in July 2004.

My questions are as follows:

1. The six year limit is from the date of Issuance of H1 or the date of first entry into US (on H1)
      2. If it is date of first entry (July 1999) can I apply for a further extension of H1/H4 upto Aug 2005.
      3. if so what is the procedure/applicable forms & attachments (apart from going through my attorney)

FYI I am with the same employer ever since I changed my H1 in 2001

I will appreciate if someone should guide me on this.

Best wishes,
      Sardila

Comment

Re: H1 extension

For an extension, you usually always need a new LCA.
        As far as using (or not) a lawyer, a lawyer is a fairly cheap insurance against errors.
        The immigration laws change quite frequently, and lawyers are professionals who know about the changes.
        If you try it without a lawyer, you may have some things wrong which can easily result in a denial of the extension.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X