X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change of status

Hello
    please i need your help
    I'm in F1 Visa i finished my Master degree last Dec 2006 now I'm in OPT. unfortunately i didn't find any job to sponsor me to apply for H1 Visa.
    my OPT will end next Feb 2008
    my wife came last year on F2 visa .Now my waif think about studying a nursing or ultrasound program next Fall 2008.
    So we think now about how she could change her status from F2 to F1 and me from F1 to F2.
    my question is when she should apply for a change of status.let say that she will get her I-20 next Feb 2008 when she should apply to change of status
    is it as soon as possible or she has to wait for a few months (USCIS saying that have a delayed in processing)
    my second question if it possible for me to apply for a change of status from F1-F2 at her application or i have to wait until the USCIS approve her application first. by the way i will a program for the next 6 month to keep my F1 status .
    So please i need you advice about when we should apply for a change of status and how we could do it
    is it separate application or the same application.

Thanks

Please also clearify in more detail about your OPT period. you have mentioned that your OPT expires in Feb 2008. So has it already expired or expiring on the last day of February.

If your OPT is expiring on the last day of February, then your best option is to take grace period and apply for H1 on 1st April. Once you apply for H1b, you are in status. The problem happens when your H1b doesn't get approved and then you are out of status. You can easlily find sponsors for your H1b. You can go for desi sponsors (consultants) as you do not have time to search job by yourself. Do not unnecessarily go for complications like change of status to F1 and then F2 and bla bla bla...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X