Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b/H4 visa stamping

Hello friends,

we are planning to go for H1b/H4 stamping in first week of March. Currently we have two appointments, one at Ottawa, Canada and second is at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Is it necessary to cancel one of two appointments???

I know that we don't need two separate appointments for H1/H4 case. But my questions.....

1. Do we need to fill separate DS 156 for either applicants?
    2. What should be the non immigrant visa application fees?? $131.00 for both or $131.00 for each applicant in H1/H4 case???

Your input is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

H1 and H4 issues

we are planning to go for H1b/H4 stamping in first week of March. Currently we have two appointments, one at Ottawa, Canada and second is at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Is it necessary to cancel one of two appointments???

---- It may not be necessary to cancel the appointments, but you have to apy the dees for each appointment for each applicant and application

---- Also, remember that if your application is held up at once center asking you to produce documents, or wait for their clearance your appointment at the next center will remain invalid as your appliction has got into the computer system and US Consulates all over the world can access the information. In which case, you will not be able to attend the next center for any Visa interview. All that would happen is your money is wasted

I know that we don't need two separate appointments for H1/H4 case. But my questions.....

1. Do we need to fill separate DS 156 for either applicants?

---- Yes

2. What should be the non immigrant visa application fees?? $131.00 for both or $131.00 for each applicant in H1/H4 case???

---- Each applicant has to pay the fees for each application

Subramanya

Comment

dear subramanya,

Thank you very much for your time and help. I heartily appreciate your help. But I have one question on your remarks

what fees are you talking about in your first answer? Are you concern for visa schedule fees (around $9.00) or visa appointment fees (around $131.00 for each applicant) which we might loose in case of double appointment?
      Last edited by pyrimidine; 02-10-2008, 06:18 PM.

Comment

H1 and H4 Fees

Thank you very much for your time and help. I heartily appreciate your help. But I have one question on your remarks

what fees are you talking about in your first answer? Are you concern for visa schedule fees (around $9.00) or visa appointment fees (around $131.00 for each applicant) which we might loose in case of double appointment?

---- The applicant fees of $ 131.00 is lsot by all means. If you have paiod the Visa schedule fees ahead of time even that will be lost

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya
          ---- The applicant fees of $ 131.00 is lsot by all means. If you have paiod the Visa schedule fees ahead of time even that will be lost

Subramanya
          But I have not drawn money order or certified check of $131.00 yet at either locations. I mean, if I make an appointment at any location, do I have to pay visa appointment fees of $131 for each applicant even if I don't attend the interview????

I can understand that I will loose any visa scheduling fees, if I don't attend interview.

Comment

H1 and H4 Fees

But I have not drawn money order or certified check of $131.00 yet at either locations. I mean, if I make an appointment at any location, do I have to pay visa appointment fees of $131 for each applicant even if I don't attend the interview????

I can understand that I will loose any visa scheduling fees, if I don't attend interview

---- In your first post you have written that you have two appointments, one in Canada and the other in Mexico. Meaning that you have paid all your fees and confirmed the dates. Based on that the replies were fashioned

---- Once again you make an appointment at a US Consulate for a Visa interview only by paying the fees and not otherwise. You cannot make a reservation for the appointment and later confirm it at your convenience

---- Each applicant has to pay the fees for his or her application wither for H1 or H4. If you both appear for teh interview at the same day for H1 and H4, you have to pay the fees for H1 and H4. Only then your appointments are confrmed

Subramanya

Comment

Hello subramanya,

I am sorry for writing incomplete information in my first post. I have made two appointments online. One at Ottawa by paying $9.00 and another at Ciudad Juarez by paying $9.00. This is all I have done sofar. Now it is up to me, if I want to go to either canada or mexico. If I decide to go to canada, I need to draw certified check or Money order of $131.00 from Scotia bank and incase I want to go to Mexico I need to follow the same procedure with banamex bank.

So within few days, I can decide where to go depending on my work schedule. If I decide to go to Mexico, I can draw certified check of $131 favoring US consulate, mexico and vise versa for canada.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X