Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension - info needed

hi all,
    my husband's visa was due to expire on sept. 30, 2003.

his lawyer had applied for the extension in july ( 21st july to be precise ) and he got his extension on sept. 18, 2003. he extension went to nebraska as we fall under that jurisdiction.

i applied for my h4 extension too along with my husband's ( on the lawyer's insistence ) and got my extension done too !!

this was just for everyone's info. however my question is as follows :

how do we get these extended visa's onto our passports now ?

can someone pls throw some light... your help will be appreciated.

thanks and regards

PD

personal exp ?

thanks joe for your help. you're right abt asking to send an email esp thro' such a forum...

mr./ms. rao, you can post your info right here... would appreciate that... and would be helpful to everyone, isn't it ? await your response, if you have any.

anyone else who's had a personal exp. pls post it here...

thanks in advance.

Comment

H1B extension - info needed

I do agree with you. There is no need of sending the email and contact information. But the reason why asked you to send the email is I can communicate more efficiently rather than posting the general information. I have seen few cases in US. Most of the candidates who are working on H-1s visas don't know the importance of I-94. Because of their innocence, H-4 visas and Green cards are denying. Tons of information is available on net. Still why our H-1 community is facing this problem? There are some H-1 transfer approved cases without I-94 number on the approved H-1 notices. In that case the candidate has to leave this country immediately and get it stamped from outside US and enter this country with fresh I-94 number. Since this candidate does not know all these things, since 2000 he is staying in this country and working on H-1 without I-94 number. Recently he got married and applied for H-4 for his wife. Her H-4 is denied by the consulate after three months saying that your husband is having illegal status in US. I-94 number will allow you to stay in this country. Visa stamped in the passport is allow you to enetr in to this contry. H-1 approival will allow you to work. If there is I-94 on the approval notice, then the generic information posted by our friend is OK. Otherwise you have to get it stamped from outside US.

Comment

The lawyer should usually take care of such issues.
        And, BTW, this issue with the I-94 can often be rectified without leaving the country. Lawyers know about that and can help there.
        Your request of emailing you could be seen as solicitation of clients. I assume that you are not a lawyer, so what guarantee does anybody who emails you have that you don't rip them off, or that your advice is solid? In addition, you may get into problems with accusations of illegally practicing law.
        If you are a lawyer, you should know that solicitation of clients is ethically questionable, and could result in problems with the bar association.
        Don't misunderstand me, but there are way too many scam artists around. And your excuse of "communicating more efficiently rather than posting the general information" is very dangerous. As a lay person, you can in fact only give general advice. Anything else is illegal practice of law.

Comment

thanks for your info

thanks for your info.

not to further any confusion and to be on the safer side, we're going to ask our lawyer to get the extended visa stamping done on our passports. it will cost a bit but its ok. its better to be safe, than be sorry, isn't it ?

in our case, my husband still works for the same company. its just that our visas were expiring. and we got the extension done.

just one thought abt what the example that you gave. i am sure that if most immigrants read the rules carefully and follow them, then there would not be a problem. thankfully here there are so many legal/official sources of information abt most of the things that people can ask and do accordingly. but most people do things on hearsay. i know of a lot of people who have valid H1B's but are laid off, and still live here. what can i say ? this comment was just in reference to your comment that lots of immigrants get into trouble.

anyways, appreciate your thoughts presented here in any case.

would keep ya all posted if something further happens.

thanks !!!

Comment

well said !!!

hey joe,

well said !!! thats what i thot too when mr. rao asked me to email him. and so i was hesitant to mail mr. rao.

mr. rao, no offense to you in particular... but joe is right... this is such a forum that the more open you are, the more beneficial it is... transperency is the key here... hope you appreciate joe's thots and views and do not take it in a negative manner.

thanks anyways...

Comment

extension

Now you might think I am a duh ! but just needed a clarification the extension that you recieved was for the 7th year right !

I need this calrification cause some people also call a visa extension to the process of getting an extension for the visa if their visa expires within the stipulated 6 yr period.

Does it take the same time to get the extension if it is filed in any state or does diff state take diff time , if so does anyone know how long california takes

I had posted this query about extension for 7th year earlier , and I am not jealous but how come dvrao never tried to help me

Comment

not 7th year.

hi moanil,

no this was not the extension for the 7th year. my husband has been in the US for 3 years only. this extension was for another 3 yrs.

i am not sure abt the rest of your queries.

hope this helps !!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X