Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) pink form Chennai consulate

Hi All,

I attended Visa interview for H1b change of status on 12th dec 2007. I got 221(g) pink form with case ID#.

Officer asked very simple questions
    1) what is your responsibility---answered nice....he satisfied
    2)Do you have any sort of evidence that you are working for the client ZZZ?---I said that right now i don't have evidence,but i have my company(top 4 company in India)offer letter...then he took the offer letter.

After 5 min he entered all the information and given 221(8) pink form.Then i a trying to show my US Driving licence and L2 EAD card...he said that.."Sir...I trust you,but ineed some more information.Pl check in chennai consulate website,once your status change,send your passport...no need to come again".

here is the back ground of my case.

I went to USA on L2 dependent visa,then applied for my EAD,got EAD and working for last 1 yr in USA with big client through a big company.

My company applied for change of status from L2 EAD to H1b
    Now i came for vacation, went for stamping on Dec 12th 2007 chennai,got 221(g).

After that i checked in USCIS website for my petition status was as below

"Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On August 13, 2007, we received this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

But i received the physical copy of I 129 & I797 in the month of Nov 20th 2007 from my company.

Petition approval date was 1st Nov 2007.
    I went to visa interview on 12th Dec 2007.

On Jan 15th 2008, my status was changed to below.

"We approved your petition on 15th Jan 2008,I 129 send your mailing address..."

When checked in http://chennai.usconsulate.gov, still my case is on "pending process".

2 months over, no update...same status.

My petition was change of status.
    As per my knowledge(reading..forums) H1b Change of status/extension cases are not sending to KCC to upadte in PIMS.

At the time of visa interview 12th dec 2007,officer checked for my petition in USCIS, it's showing...."petition received and under process".

He got a doubt,how he got the physical I797 petition,even the USCIS website showing as "received petition and under process".

After that Jan 15th 2008 my H1b petition status was changed in USCIS website as below.
    "We approved your petition on 15th Jan 2008,I 129 send your mailing address..."

Today is 12th Feb,still i didn't get any status update?
    How the l2 to H1b change of status cases handle in KCC/USCIS/PIMS.

Any body having the same issue,please post your experiences.

Appreciate your responses???

221(g) pink form chennai consulate

Hi All,

So many people reviewd,no body response.

Please guy please share your experience.....

Regards,
    Vas

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X