Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ask for advice

hi

I was with my girlfriend on work and travel, than we apply for 6 months internship. Than we decide to extend the internship for next year. So we were on internship for 18 months. After internship we decided to stay longer as a tourist so we applied for b2 visa. unfortunately we did it in 19 month of internship. That was our month for travel. Even that we did everything on the same day and reason for change status was the same too we have got different answers. I am denied and my girlfriend is approved. After the decision we left the US in 30 days which USCIS gave me. Additionally I must say that both of us have got 212(e) section from internship.
    In the time we were tourist we found employer who can hire us. It is a serious big company. Our resumes were very nice for them and they want us. Everything was really nice till we do not start thinking about visas. And here are the problems. We can remove section and apply for h1b visa (we have got MA). But than we can start our work on October. That is something that our employer does not want to hear. They want us in a month, maybe two but not 6 or more months. So are they any solutions for us except h1b. Can we go on different kind of visa? Which one? Or is it possible to make h1b visa process faster? Or maybe we are as screw that it is better to give up.

Please help us, thanks

To work in US, you have only one option now that is H1. Before Oct 1, 2008 no chance to start with your employer.

Originally posted by user7777
    hi

I was with my girlfriend on work and travel, than we apply for 6 months internship. Than we decide to extend the internship for next year. So we were on internship for 18 months. After internship we decided to stay longer as a tourist so we applied for b2 visa. unfortunately we did it in 19 month of internship. That was our month for travel. Even that we did everything on the same day and reason for change status was the same too we have got different answers. I am denied and my girlfriend is approved. After the decision we left the US in 30 days which USCIS gave me. Additionally I must say that both of us have got 212(e) section from internship.
    In the time we were tourist we found employer who can hire us. It is a serious big company. Our resumes were very nice for them and they want us. Everything was really nice till we do not start thinking about visas. And here are the problems. We can remove section and apply for h1b visa (we have got MA). But than we can start our work on October. That is something that our employer does not want to hear. They want us in a month, maybe two but not 6 or more months. So are they any solutions for us except h1b. Can we go on different kind of visa? Which one? Or is it possible to make h1b visa process faster? Or maybe we are as screw that it is better to give up.

Please help us, thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X