Mr. Subramanya and seniors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Subramanya and seniors!

I am forced to repost in different words of an issue.

What if a person working in H1B resigns from a job for health reason and the employer chooses not to intimate the same to USCIS and the person stays put in the US for 6 months without any other type of visa except H1B or pay stub from the employer?

1. Is that person considered out of status or illegally staying?

2. Will the person face problem when going back to India to get H4 stamped based on the spouse's H1B?

Please answer.
    Regards.

H1 and H4 issues

I am forced to repost in different words of an issue.

What if a person working in H1B resigns from a job for health reason and the employer chooses not to intimate the same to USCIS and the person stays put in the US for 6 months without any other type of visa except H1B or pay stub from the employer?

1. Is that person considered out of status or illegally staying?

---- You are considered to be out of status the moment you resign the job, unless you have applied for a COS to H4. The lack of paystubs for 6 months proves that you are out of status

2. Will the person face problem when going back to India to get H4 stamped based on the spouse's H1B?

---- Yes, the status for 6 months of stay in the US had to be proved beyond doubt

---- The best way is apply for a COS to H4 while in the US before going out on H1

Subramanya

Comment

Mr.Subraman-super, man!

I appreciate your enlightening answer.
      I need to warn my friends, about the jeopardy.

Comment

Dear subramaniya

What if the employer is not able to find job or niether you are able to find one in the current economy and what is the work out. Please suggest !

Comment

H1 issues

What if the employer is not able to find job or niether you are able to find one in the current economy and what is the work out. Please suggest

---- If you are unable to find a job either by yourself or through the employer/eagency etc. tehn you are out of luck. The only thing tha cna be done is try as hard as you can and if nothing works out, you are not meant to be part of this race

---- Blaming the economy and such other things are easy things to do. But finding a job and being victorious makes you a HERO

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X