Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 question

Hi Friends,
    I landed in usa first time in apr,1998. I was out of country for 1 year, before completing my 6 years period of continuous work in usa. If a company start my h1 transfer, do i get another 6 years span of time or not. I appreciate your answers

H1 question

No. You will not get another 6 years of H-1. Since 1998 they will count 6 years of stay in this country. If you are on vacation then for that period they approve H-1 so that you will have a chance to stay and work for 6 years completely. After that you have to leave this country and stay 1 year outsude this US. Then You can apply for fresh H-1. From that time onwards (the day you enter to this country on fresh H-1 after lapsing of 6 years stay in this country) you will get a chance to stay and work for 6 years continuously.

As per the recent changes, if your labour is applied 1 year brfore your 6 years of H-1 expires, you can stay and work in this country by extending your H-1 every year until your labour application decession is made or I-140 decession is made.

If you still have queries, send your contact details to [email protected]. I will contact you within 24 hrs.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X