H4 withdrawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 withdrawl

I was laid off in March 2003 and I applied for H4 visa immediately since my husband is on H-1B visa. However, I was able to land another job very soon. My employer filed a premium H-1B petition for me and it was approved in 2 weeks. So I wrote a letter to the BCIS to withdraw my H4 application, I sent it in using certified mail with return receipt. But I never received any official withdrawal receipt from the BCIS except the post office return receipt. And I just found out that my H4 application was approved recently, it seems that my withdraw request was simply ignored. What should I do now? Can I still work for my company? I still have the return receipt of my withdrawal letter, can I use it to prove that it was BCIS's fault that the H4 got approved instead of canceled? I also wonder if anyone else had this kind of experience. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Rosy

similar case

Hi,
    I find myself in a similar situation: my H-4 application is currently pending with USCIS, and I have just landed a job. My employer is willing to premium process my H-1 but is hesitant because my H-4 is not yet approved. I contacted USCIS and they asked for a written H-4 withdrawl request. You had this problem last year, hopefully it should have been resolved by now. Can you help? Do you have any suggestions for my situation? It'll be highly appreciated.
    Thanx!

Comment

Hello:

When your employer applied for H1 your status automatically changed. You should maintain Status on H1( Pay Stubs). Ignore the H4 approval. Revokation is the least priority for USCIS - Back logged.

This is not a legal advice. You may use at your own risk or contact a legal professional.

Comment

similar case

Hi, indiann_eyes:

I have similar problem now. Have you solved this issue?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X