Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent - Is it possible to convert B1 to H1B Visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - Is it possible to convert B1 to H1B Visa?

Hi All,

I have valid B1 Visa. One consultant is offering H1B to valid B1 holders in 2008 quota. Their plan is to apply for H1B in 2008 quota, if successul in lottery, we need to fly to USA on B1 and they will convert B1 to H1B Visa. We always have an option of taking the H1B interview in india and land in USA with H1B.

But i am curious to know - is it legal to convert B1 to H1B after H1 approval?
    How does it work?

Seniors - Please give your valuable inputs on this for taking a decision to go ot not to go with that consultant.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Cool

Do not convert from B1/B2 to H1. Get a visa in your home country prior to reachin US for employment.

Comment

Originally posted by orion
      Do not convert from B1/B2 to H1. Get a visa in your home country prior to reachin US for employment.
      Can you please explain us why?

Comment

Do you remember your DS-156 forms that you filled up when applying for your B1/B2 visa? "Are you going to work in US?" "Are you going to study in US?" And you answered NO to both of these questions? You will want to keep these promises with the US embassy.

Comment

never ever try to do the convertion from B1 to H1 , it will be a problem for u and u might b baned for sometime to enter in to US ... Dont take chance , I was trying to do the same back in 2002, someone asked me not to do that , I came back to India and got my H1b stamppping and came back to US ..

Comment

There is a unwritten rule of a suggested wait time of 90 days to file for a COS from B1/B2 to any dual intent visa like H1b.

Also, having prior intent to change to H1b while you enter on B1 is considered a big NO by USCIS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

J1/j2

Got my J1 waiver can i still eligible for J1 extesion if i want to?

Comment

You are in the wrong forum. Try your post here.
                http://www.immihelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X