Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1 Conversion some doubts

Hi all,

I have completed my Masters and now on my OPT. It started in the month of Dec 2007. I am willing to apply for H1 in April 2008. My OPT ends by December 2008.Now I have some questions that I have doubts because I need to go for my marriage in Nov 2008.

What can I do if my H1 got rejected?? If rejected I know that I can apply for some University again for F1. Now,

1. Do I need to take admission from some regular University or Community College is fine??
    2. Do I need to go for a stamping?? ( My F1 visa is until 2010).
    3. Are there any Universities which offer CPT from day one with online courses??
    4. If I can take admission from a community college, are there any colleges which offer CPT from day one with online courses??
    5. As my OPT ends by Dec 2008, Do I need to apply for I20 for FALL 2008 (aug 2008) itself or can I apply for SPRING 2009 (Jan 2009)??
    6. As I need to go to INDIA in Nov 2008, Can I go and return back?? This is
    if I did not get a H1.
    7. Can I bring my wife here in Feb 2009 if I am again converted to F1??

Please give me the best you can answer. Thanks in advance

zz
    Originally posted by kadiyala417
    Hi all,

I have completed my Masters and now on my OPT. It started in the month of Dec 2007. I am willing to apply for H1 in April 2008. My OPT ends by December 2008.Now I have some questions that I have doubts because I need to go for my marriage in Nov 2008.

What can I do if my H1 got rejected?? If your education and qualification is good you shoould not worry first of all.If rejected I know that I can apply for some University again for F1. Now,

1. Do I need to take admission from some regular University or Community College is fine?? Whoever gives your I 20, but after masters there will no courses availble in the community colleges to prove your education is genuine
    2. Do I need to go for a stamping?? Check with SEVIS continuity ( My F1 visa is until 2010).
    3. Are there any Universities which offer CPT from day one with online courses??
    4. If I can take admission from a community college, are there any colleges which offer CPT from day one with online courses??
    5. As my OPT ends by Dec 2008, Do I need to apply for I20 for FALL 2008 (aug 2008) itself or can I apply for SPRING 2009 (Jan 2009)??
    6. As I need to go to INDIA in Nov 2008, Can I go and return back?? This is
    if I did not get a H1.
    7. Can I bring my wife here in Feb 2009 if I am again converted to F1??

Please give me the best you can answer. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hii GreatGuru

GreatGuru,

the thing with applying for some other college again is..I will not be completing my Masters again from that community college/University but just to keep my status until I apply again for H1 in Masters quota based on my Previous Masters( I would not mention the degree what I would be doing in 2008-09 for H1).

Anyway Thank you very much for the reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X