Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help H1B...I got pregnant

Greetings!

Last February 7, she received the notice of approval from INS form I-197 with the duration of one year starting last January. She already had the schedule for visa stamping by 2nd week of April. But unfortunately, she was delayed of her monthly period for 2 weeks and might be pregnant. Are there any consequences? What are the things to be done in order to continue and enter USA? Do she have to tell the consul about it during the interview? Would this be a ground for denial of visa stamping and if ever she wouldn't tell the consul and got the visa stamped,would she be allowed to enter US?

Thank you in advance.
    -- Prime

No problem

Don't say unfortunatly...be happy for her as she is going to become a parent.

That apart, there is no relatoin of her pregnanacy with her getting a visa at all. She does not need to tell the visa oficer she is pregnant. This will in no way get her a denial.

But if she plans to come here on H1, make sure her employer has a good medical insurance which will cover the cost of her pregnancy. Medical costs in US are really high, as you may well know. It is better to discuss this with the employer beforehand if possible.

All the best

Comment

Re: No problem

i don't really mean that she is unfortunate coz every child is a gift from God thus we are really fortunate to have one. what i want to drive is the problem with the visa stamping where you guaranty that there will be no problem. and for that i'm very thankful coz we really don't have any idea. now i'm thinking with the immigration officer in the Point of entry where some say their are some who are strict. do you think it would not be a problem at all. is the case is just really between my wife and her employer.

thank you very much again. sentra2002

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X