H1B to L1B to same H1B ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to L1B to same H1B ?

If you comes to US for the first time on H1B , then after H1 Expires with its 1st tenure.
    Then company sends you on L1B .
    Can you still use your Same H1 quota, as H1 can be used for 6 years ?
    Last edited by smontyj; 02-26-2008, 01:22 PM.

H1b Visa Petition approved but visa stamping pending!

Just recently, my wife had applied for H1b Visa and got approved, she went for and interview and the consular officer approved her for visa stamping and said to go ahead and pay for the postal service. so she paid and came out and gave me the good news. after a few hours passed she recieved a strange call saying """please come back tomorrow at 2, the consular officer wants to speak with you"""". that kind of gave us a jinx, almost a heart attack, why would the consular officer want to speak with my wife. so she went again the following day, and he gave the bad news saying"""i'm really sorry mam!, the Employer who applied for you h1, has a lot of complains against him, he hasn't being paying the wages to the employee and there are no projects and would like to see some additional documentation. he asked her to submit all the forms, the I 129, I 797, etc.. and the Complete Employee list and tax return in the 2010 fiscal year. so my wife called and asked for all these documents and she got all the documents asked and went back to the consulate and submitted along with the passport on monday, just 24 hours later, the following day, she get a call again saying, the consular officer wants to speak with you. so she goes back again and and this time they drop the BOMB! , sorry mam! there are a lot of red flags on this company, you are the right applicant, i have no doubts on you, but, the employer has bad reviews etc.. and there are chances that the h1b visa petition being revoked! """I have to send all the papers to USCIS and at the most i can give you an answer in 2 weeks!
    Now does anyone have any idea on whether my wife having any hope of getting h1b visa stamping after reading all this, any chances the USCIS reverting their decision!
    Baffled and disappointed!

Comment

From what is conveyed to her, it looks like they are going to send the petition back to USCIS with the request to revoke it. With employer being the primary reason for the visa rejection, she can find a new employer and ask them to file a new H1B petition using the CAP from the existing petition and request an immediate start date. Once approved, she can go for the visa interview again with the documents from the new employer.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks!

thanks Mr Shervin. that's what i said to my wife, but this incident hasn't sunk in yet for both of us. i guess there is no point of waiting for any answer. i have read so many reviews after what had happened to my wife. and i see that there are many h1b visas previously approved being revoked at the end. I read in detail, of the reasons why they would reject eventhough you have all your papers, the main reason being these software consultants applying for h1b visas without having any real projects or paying their dues or wages to these so-called ghost employees who are just sitting around waiting for a job. and to top it off, these consulting companies are not updating. and they are ending up in the blacklist at the USCIS. Infact they are using this program"" VIBES""" as a reference to which companies are blacklisted or redflagged!
        still disappointed and angry!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X