problem at port of entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem at port of entry

I have an h1 visa. My company is located in California. I came to new york, the immigration officer at new york asked me the labor certificate to go into new York. I don't have that so he send me back to India and placed CANCELLED stamp on my visa in passport and they wrote 22 cfr 41.122(h). My question is they cancelled my visa or h1 it self. How to proceed further to come in to usa. Thanks in advance.

Cancelled Visa

Sorry to hear about that, and I can only guess what agony you might have had to face.

Friend, they cancelled your US visa. You will have to go to US consulate in India to have it stamped again.

And just so that this is a learning experience for others who may face this in future, if a smart **** officer says this at POE please give a reason like, you will be staying in New York for few days and flying to CA later. Or that you will be catching a connecting flight from New York. Anything to show him that your final destination is CA and you will be working there. If nothing works (it should !) please ask to see a supervisor and explain this to him. There are a few dump immi. officers at POE, never let them do this to you.

All the best

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X