Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is my husband's I-797 sufficient for my H4 visa renewal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is my husband's I-797 sufficient for my H4 visa renewal?

Hi,

My husband's company has applied for a H1 amendment and extension I-539. They had applied for my H4 approval too along with it ,but it was returned for the reason that they sent a photocopy of signature rather than original. We are travelling to India in April and have to get our visas stamped. My husband's H1 approval will be ready before that.But they say that my I-797 may take a couple of months. When we go for stamping, is my husband's I-797 sufficient for me too or should i go for stamping only after i get my I-797.

Thanks in advance.
    Pavithra.

H4 renewal stamping, you must have your renewal approved in US before going for renewal visa stamping.

For first time, it is not necessary, your spouse H1 is sufficient,\

Originally posted by pavithra
    Hi,

My husband's company has applied for a H1 amendment and extension I-539. They had applied for my H4 approval too along with it ,but it was returned for the reason that they sent a photocopy of signature rather than original. We are travelling to India in April and have to get our visas stamped. My husband's H1 approval will be ready before that.But they say that my I-797 may take a couple of months. When we go for stamping, is my husband's I-797 sufficient for me too or should i go for stamping only after i get my I-797.

Thanks in advance.
    Pavithra.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X