H4 Visa Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Renewal

Hi! My H4 visa will expire on April 1, 2008. My wife's H1B extension has been filed last January 2008 but as of now, the case is still pending. I made an interview appointment already at the US embassy for the renewal of my visa, but the problem is I don't have my wife's NOTICE OF ACTION YET.

Question: Can I use the receipt notice instead of the notice of action during my interview at the embassy?

I need your help. Thanks!

h4 Visa renewal

Hi ,

If ur visa is getting expired by apr 1st u have 2 options
    1.u shld leave the country b4 that date.
    2.apply for visa extension at USCIS.

So if u apply for visa renewal at ur home country,u need ur wife's notice of action or form 797 and ur new form 797(if u apply for visa extension)..

Let me know is u have any doubts...since i had same issue and my h4 visa expired in sep 2007 ,in aug 2007 i applied for visa extension and with in 10 days they sent me a receipt notice and i got my I-797 in jan ..

Thanks,
    Nivi
    Last edited by Nivi; 03-07-2008, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Nivi!
      I dont want to travel before April 1 because I need to attend a very important occasion on April 3. Anyways, I have set an appointment with the US Embassy here in the Philippines next week for the renewal of my visa. All I have is a copy of the Receipt Notice of my wife's I-129 Extension, which says, 'THE CASE IS RECEIVED'. We can check it via ONLINE though through USCIS website but it says, 'THE CASE IS RECEIVED AND PENDING'.

Will they consider it in renewing my visa?
      Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X