Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LLC company - Applying for H1b

Hi,

I started a small business (incorporated as LLC in Texas) and want to hire fresh graduate students. My company is started about ~3months back.

Can our company sponsor or apply for 2008 H1b visas? We are still in development phase and have no revenue at this point. Pls advice. What docs are required to file for H1b visa as an employer?

Thanks a lot

For the new LLC to file H1

You need
    1. Physical Office (may be your home)
    2. Business Plan
    3. Job Order from Client.
    4. proof of ability to pay your employee on LCA scale.

If the owner himself an H1? different storey

------------------------

Originally posted by dare2get
    Hi,

I started a small business (incorporated as LLC in Texas) and want to hire fresh graduate students. My company is started about ~3months back.

Can our company sponsor or apply for 2008 H1b visas? We are still in development phase and have no revenue at this point. Pls advice. What docs are required to file for H1b visa as an employer?

Thanks a lot

Comment

new LLC to file H1

Thanks GreatGuru.

I am a GC holder. I am currently using my home office and eventually plan to get a office. We are trying for some venture funding beside our own investment in the LLC.

We have a business plan but currently don't have a Job order from the client as we are yet to proto-type our product. I think this might be applicable for consulting based companies. So do we absolutely need this Job order? Also does it matter if the LLC is incorporated in last 3 months?

Thanks

Comment

What is your plan to recruit citizens and green card holders before trying for H1-Bs?

Comment

I don't mind hiring GC /Citizens and committed to be an equal opportunity employer Its just that I know 2 grad students who have skills to get the job done but are on F-1 now and can only join me if I can sponsor their H1.

Thanks

Comment

If you include the product in your business plan and your capital investment atleast $100K (There is no strict rule, if you show more better chances), and a good attorney may get you H1.

Originally posted by dare2get
            Thanks GreatGuru.

I am a GC holder. I am currently using my home office and eventually plan to get a office. We are trying for some venture funding beside our own investment in the LLC.

We have a business plan but currently don't have a Job order from the client as we are yet to proto-type our product. I think this might be applicable for consulting based companies. So do we absolutely need this Job order? Also does it matter if the LLC is incorporated in last 3 months?

Thanks

Comment

If the students are finishing their degrees, why are they not considering the possibility of OPT?

Comment

Originally posted by C4us
                If the students are finishing their degrees, why are they not considering the possibility of OPT?
                Yeh, they just got their OPT in Feb'2008 which is valid for 1 yr but they need to apply for H1 in 2008 quota. Otherwise they won't be eligible to work from Mar'2009 as their OPT will be no longer valid. If they apply for H1b in 2009, this will only make them eligible to work from Oct.2009 and might be out status from Mar'2009 to Sept'2009.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X