X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B while in India

Dear members,

I need some info..please help...
    I'm right now in India & planning to apply for H1B. i already have H4 visa (because my husband is in US on H1)

My question is

1) Can i come to US (using my H4) in may-june while my H1B processing is going on (assuming my name gets selected in lottery) and if it gets approved, continue to stay in US and start working there itself without coming to India for stamping?

[OR]

2) should i definitely come back to India and get H1B stamped and then only can start working?

I need your suggestion.

Thanks
    Dhivya

yes

I think you can.
    If you applied for H1B COS, you will automatically change status. But next time you go out of country and come back into US, you must have a H1B stamping.

Note: This is not a legal advice. Pls use at your own risk.

Comment

zz
      Originally posted by kvp_rsp
      Dear members,

I need some info..please help...
      I'm right now in India & planning to apply for H1B. i already have H4 visa (because my husband is in US on H1)

My question is

1) Can i come to US (using my H4) in may-june while my H1B processing is going on (assuming my name gets selected in lottery) and if it gets approved, continue to stay in US and start working there itself without coming to India for stamping?

For the above case to be true, then you must physically present in US and your valid I 94 card copy must go along with your h1 application.

Otherwise item 2) will apply

[OR]

2) should i definitely come back to India and get H1B stamped and then only can start working?

I need your suggestion.

Thanks
      Dhivya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X