Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 converted to H1, does L2 get automatically converted to H4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 converted to H1, does L2 get automatically converted to H4?

Hi,

Me and my wife came to US on L1 and L2 visas in Mar 2006 through a company A. I applied for my H1b thru company B and got my H1B approval and started working for B from Oct. I asked my employer if we need to apply for my wife's H4 separately? Employer told me that there is no need to do so since my wife's status automatically changes and will be same as mine (I-94 dates and all) because her status would be adjusted dependent status. Is this true? Her L2 I-94 is expiring soon. What should she do? Can she continue legally based on my status? Or her H4 should have filed separately? Can anybody please help me. Its a little urgent.

Thanks.

No status automatically changes without applying to USCIS and with appropriate fees.

You must change L2 before its expiry to H4 based on your H1 status.

Originally posted by sanjay_undale
    Hi,

Me and my wife came to US on L1 and L2 visas in Mar 2006 through a company A. I applied for my H1b thru company B and got my H1B approval and started working for B from Oct. I asked my employer if we need to apply for my wife's H4 separately? Employer told me that there is no need to do so since my wife's status automatically changes and will be same as mine (I-94 dates and all) because her status would be adjusted dependent status. Is this true? Her L2 I-94 is expiring soon. What should she do? Can she continue legally based on my status? Or her H4 should have filed separately? Can anybody please help me. Its a little urgent.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X